Star Sailor Power LLC is a spin-off of Star Sailor Energy, Inc. and is dedicated to developing and commercializing patented power storage and on-demand power technologies.
Board of Directors
- Dr. P. A. Menges
- President-CEO of Star Sailor Power
- Dr. P. A. Menges is a mathematician, aerospace engineer and physicist with twenty years of experience in corporate operations and technology development. She is recognized for developing a new class of functional structures and non-photonic quantum computers with applications to spacecraft, morphing wing aircraft, adaptive wind turbines, propulsion, power storage and neuromorphic networks. Dr. Menges has been a consultant to defense contractors as well as a variety of small to medium high-tech companies. Her work in AI and intelligent materials has been recognized internationally and she is a Fellow of the NASA Institute of Advanced Concepts (NIAC). She holds seven US and Foreign patents for renewable energy, power storage, IoT, and intelligent materials and is a recipient of the Los Alamos Award. She is an author currently completing a space systems book for Springer. Dr. Menges is an experienced educator and is a senior development advisor for ALI Ohio STEM programs. Dr. Menges is senior member of the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA), a member of the American Physical Society, ASM International, and the American Polar Society. She is active in science and human rights and is a volunteer for AAAS On-Call Scientists. Dr. Menges has a FAA Commercial pilot license and is an experienced test pilot and flight test engineer.
- Mr. Lance White
- is an experienced corporate executive and consultant with unique success in areas of business development, M&A and venture capital. He has an MBA from Harvard University and authored books on business communications. Mr. White is active in a number of organizations including the BMW Foundation of North America and the Miami University of Ohio Farmer School of Business where he endowed a chair in entrepreneurship. Mr. White serves on the Star Sailor Power Advisory Council as an advisor and board representative.
- Mr. J. B. Harrison, Esquire
- is an experienced corporate attorney and executive with more than thirty years of experience in business development. Mr. Harrison is active in corporate development organizations and is a managing partner at Wood and Lamping, LLP.
Senior Advisory Council
- Dr. Awatef Hamed
- Sr. Advisor and Advisory Council Chair
- is an internationally recognized engineer and educator. Dr. Hamed is former chair of aerospace engineering at the University of Cincinnati. She currently holds the Bradley Jones Professor of Aerospace Engineering and Engineering Mechanics chair and is the Director of the Ohio Center for Advanced Propulsion and Power. The Center is funded to support the development of future intelligent adaptive power and propulsion systems. She is a Fellow of the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA) and the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) as well as the Executive Secretary of the International Society for Air Breathing Engines and Editor of International Journal of Computational Fluid Dynamics. She is an advisor to jet engine manufacturers, governments and serves as a consultant to the American Board of Engineering and Technology (ABET).
- Dr. T. M. Edwards
- Sr. Advisor
- is an associate professor of organizational behavior and transformation at Northern Kentucky University. Dr. Edwards has degrees from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and the University of Cincinnati. He is an international consultant on business development, aviation, flight safety, security, and transportation systems. A former member of the US Army Special Forces he has extensive experience in defense and security operations. Dr. Edwards has an airline transport license and leads training programs for airlines internationally.
- Mr. Mel Duran
- Sr. Advisor
- is the COO and founder of Jemez Technology, LLC. He is the former group leader of the Los Alamos National Laboratory Space Sciences and Engineering Group where he led the development of advanced sensors, satellites and aerospace systems. As an electrical engineer he developed and tested advanced airborne and space systems for a variety of science and national security missions. He is a recognized expert is space systems and advanced stabilized platforms. Jemez Technology has gained recognition for developing automated video surveillance systems in their Eagle-I products.
- Dr. B. Smith
- Sr. Advisor
- holds a D.Min. from Vanderbilt University and Ph.D. from Ohio University in Rhetoric and U.S. Intellectual History. He has more than twenty years of experience in adult education and is an expert in communications and interpersonal relations. Dr. Smith has published numerous papers on communications and rhetoric. He served on the National Accreditation Association for Undergraduate Colleges and lectures in communications at Northern Kentucky University.
- Lance White
- Sr. Business Development Advisor and Board Member
- has an MBA from Harvard and extensive experience in business operations and development. He is an experienced corporate executive with unique success in areas of M&A and venture capital. Mr. White is active in a number of organizations including the BMW Foundation of North America and Miami University of Ohio Farmer School of Business where he endowed a chair in entrepreneurship.